Wheels are surpassing part of any chair. When they work well, the chair works well. Smoothly moving the chair is undoubtedly a delight. Sometimes the wheels refuse to work efficiently. There can be different reasons behind this; for example, an increase in wheel’s friction or broken wheel. What if the working of the wheel is disturbed? Should we change the chair? Are there any ways to replace the worn-out wheels?
As we know, office chairs are made to provide comfort during work. They are different due to their unique structure. Having wheels allow us to move quickly. We often rollup on chair during meetings. This aids to keep an eye on every member.
Despite having benefits, they have disadvantages too. They may act as a hurdle at work. They get dirty and clogged up easily. If something stuck in them, they role unevenly. Due to which they cause a disturbance. The common disadvantage is the stuckness of hairs in them. Sometimes, a person cannot concentrate properly.
The reason behind this lack of concentration is the motion of an office chair which annoy the person. Hardwood floors do not have good relations with wheels. Usually, movement of wheels leaves a mark on the floor. Wheels damage carpets and affect its stability and smoothness. The wheels get conk after a short period. You must be suffering from any of these problems — no need to worry anymore.
There is always a solution to every problem. You can get rid of these problems with a single solution. There is no need to change the whole chair when wheels are damaged. You can remove the wheels.
Without wheels, they give the exact meaning of comfort. Now people prefer an office chair without wheels. It does not allow person to roll up on a chair. It lets him stick to his place and concentrate on his work properly. As moving again and again on a chair causes distraction.
Removing the wheel will also save your hardwood floor from destruction. Your carpets will remain clean and in a good position. Levels become residues from dirt and hair, especially. Remove its wheel and enjoy a peaceful time at the office.
You might be wondering that how removing the office chair’s wheels is convenient. Do you want to know about how to remove wheels from office chair? You are at the right place. We have given instructions to remove the wheel of an office chair step by step.
- First, you have to remove the old casters. It is not a very difficult process. Expose the chair wheels to you. You can do this by turning the chair upside down.
- Fix it properly, so it doesn’t move while you work.
- Grab the wheel casters by one hand and the chair by another. If the chair is heavy, you can take someone’s help. Hold it tightly.
- The next step is to loosen the wheel. You can remove wheel holders without using a machine.
- Rotate the wheel in a clockwise direction. It will loosen. Now, pull out the wheel using a little force. Try it once or twice.
- If it doesn’t work, lubricate the casters, you can grease them using oil. Put oil on the caster. It reduces friction between the wheel and the caster. It will make it easy to remove the wheel. Usually, we add oil to rusty areas. Now, withdraw the wheels again with a little force.
And congratulations, your chair is now free from the wheel.
Did you find this method difficult? Although it is not, we still have another way for you. Sometimes, there are plenty of solutions for a single problem. Same is the case in removing the wheel from an office chair. If you are unable to remove wheels using the above method, you can remove them using another way.
For removing the wheel this way, you need a screwdriver.
- All you have to do is to budge the screws with the screwdriver.
- Now Put it gently on the nail and Move it in the direction accordingly. Now, pull it out.
- Here you are with the wheels, and the chair parted.
You must have found the answer of how to remove wheels from office chair. All you have to do is to follow any of these two simple methods. If you follow all these steps correctly, it will not damage any part of your chair. Both these ways are simple, safe, and suitable for removing wheels from the office chair. You can now work efficiently with full concentration.