Office chairs tend to come in different shapes and sizes. The ergonomic design of the chairs is ideal for keeping executives comfortable and secure during important meetings.
However, adjustments are crucial since getting a perfect office chair that matches your needs is not easy. The adjustments help to keep the chair in the most comforting position.
Failure to make these adjustments then be ready to experience all kinds of physical aches and pains in the long run.
Height adjustment is a crucial factor to consider. But adjusting the height depends on the type of your office chair. Modern office chairs tend to come with a lever for adjusting the height.
On the other hand, older executive chair models do not come with a lever. Therefore, adjusting the height of these chairs is quite different and daunting.
There is no need to freak as we will be discussing various ways to raise office chair without lever in this article. Let’s cut to the chase.
How to Raise the Height of an Old Executive Chair
An office chair is known for offering both comfort and orthopedic support. But this depends on how the chair is adjusted.
Chair height tends to play a crucial role in determining ergonomic comfort. Here are simple steps to raise an office chair without a lever to make sitting a comfortable experience.
Choose the Correct Height
Determining the best height for your chair is a critical factor before making any adjustments. Keep in mind that the best height tends to differ for every person.
Getting the best height for your chair will depend on the office layout and table height, among other things. These are crucial factors to consider before making any adjustments.
First, adjust the chair according to your workstation. Some table settings have keyboards and other stuff closer to the chair, while others are a bit far away.
Second, make sure your feet sit squarely on the floor. The legs should be 90o degrees and the thighs horizontal to enhance comfort.
And finally, determine the best height then mark it before standing. The mark will help to make an adjustment that suits your needs.
Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise Movement
Most office chairs that lack lever tend to offer clock movement. The type of activity helps to move the chair in any direction to adjust its height.
Here are steps on how to raise office chair without lever:
- It would be best if you stood up from the chair. Old executive chairs cannot be adjusted while sitting since they lack a pneumatic lever that tends to pump and lift.
- Now you can manually move the chair in each direction. The clock movement will make the chair to move up and down. Note the order that increases the height and keep turning until the best height is attained.
- Once you have adjusted the chair, then sit on it to check the posture. If you have a comfortable sitting experience, then that is great. Otherwise, start the process again if the chair still needs further improvement.
- Repeat the process and keep checking by sitting down until the best height that meets your needs is attained.
Under-Chair Bolt Adjustment
Some office chairs that lack levers tend to have a large bolt at the chair’s bottom for adjustment. Here are steps to follow to attain the best height:
- Stand up from the chair and adjust the bolt under it manually. You cannot change the height of the chair while sitting.
- Adjusting the bolt will move the chair either up or down. Note down the direction that increases the height and stop immediately when the right size is achieved.
- Sit on the chair and determine if the height is satisfactory. If the sitting position is comfortable, then congrats for attaining the best measurement.
- Otherwise, repeat the process if the chair height needs further improvement. Once the right size is achieved, lock the bolt to keep the seat’s height in place.
Back Height Movement
Most modern office chairs tend to allow users to change the back and arm height. The aim is to get the best sitting position that is quite comfortable. However, this depends on the version of your seat. Some chairs tend to have limited options, while others have fully customizable options for changing the back height. Some chair backrest tends to allow forward and backward movement, while others tend to allow up and down motion. Some chair versions allow recline adjustment-the options help to adjust the back to a more comfortable sitting position that meets your needs. On the other hand, the armrest will help to hold the arms and elbows comfortably. The design help to ensure you work diligently without experiencing arm fatigue. However, the adjustment of backrest and armrest will depend on personal preferences and bodily needs. Therefore, consider an option that works best for you.
Why Is It Important to Adjust the Height of an Office Chair?
Keeping the office chair at the best height tends to come with many benefits—first, a proper size helps enhance comfort and diligence while working. Second, it helps attain a healthy sitting posture for your back and neck. Hence, help to minimize the physical aches and pains associated with bad sitting postures. And finally, an executive chair with proper height helps increase workers’ productivity since they can work for more extended periods with minimal fatigue experience.
Getting an office chair with the best height will reduce the risk of experiencing physical aches and pains during an important meeting. The best height tends to create a comfortable and relaxing working environment. It offers ultimate support that spearheads long sitting hours. However, getting these types of chairs that suit your body needs is not easy. But making a few adjustments will help to attain your desired requirements. If you are looking to stay comfortable, you need to keep your office chair higher according to your body needs. The methods listed above on raising office chair without lever have been tested and proven to work. Read through the guide and find the best height that works best for you.
Office Chair Related Content