Are you wondering about How Much Does an Electric Wheelchair Cost? Let’s find out.
Working legs are a blessing. We usually take this blessing for granted. When a person can’t use his legs, he can’t move on his own. He becomes dependent on others. Even for small things and works, he needs other’s help. He gets depressed.
Technology has advanced. Initially, there was a traditional wheelchair. That was a manual chair. The person himself or the caretaker used to translocate the chair. It was tiring. Then, advancement was seen, and an electric wheelchair was introduced. Electric wheelchairs work on battery. The running limit of the battery varies from chair to chair.
The introduction of this new style of wheelchair has done wonders. Now, all dependency is almost left behind.
Some electric wheelchairs are also capable of moving through stairs on their own. Contrary to the manual wheelchairs, that needed helpers to go through stairs. An electric wheelchair has many advantages. It is easy to move, and it does not need helpers. It can move up and down the stairs. After knowing this, the first thing that comes to mind is the price. How much does an electric wheelchair cost?
Some wheelchairs are highly rated. Some wheelchairs are at a low price, but the quality is not that commendable. Only a few chairs are available with unique features and a reasonable price.
If you don’t know about how much does an electric wheelchair cost? We will tell you. So now, No need to worry about the cost of electric wheelchairs. All you need is to select a chair. Check out the prices of different wheelchairs with various features and if it suits your taste, buy it.
- The standard electric wheelchairs can cost thousands of dollars depending upon the features of the chair and health benefits for the user.
- An average cost of an electric wheelchair is $7,000 to $15,000, and according to the features, the price increases up to $30,000. So the price depends on the features of the electric wheelchair.
- The electric wheelchair with adjustable speed, longer battery life can cost about $ 10,000. The battery replacement of the powered wheelchair can cost about $70 to $500 according to the kind of the chair.
- The additional cost for the electric wheelchair with soft cushion is $500.
- The electric chair featured with a tight turning radius, high speed with heavy-duty front and back wheels and comfortable for long-range minimally cost about $3,400. Also, the repairing of a power wheelchair costs more than $190.
- A heavy-duty mobility wheelchair costs in the range of $3000 up to $35000 depending upon the features and users preference. The new model of the motor chair can move upstairs and make you pass through obstacles.
- You can also reach to the things on the top with the motor chair elevating feature, fully recline on the back, and tilt in space and many other options. The starting price of these feature chairs is about $21,000. The motor chair comes with a long-range battery and free mobility with a joystick controller.
- Some electric wheelchairs are portable that can fold and ready to go anywhere with you. The price of such chairs is quite high as compared to a regular electric wheelchair.
- Heavyweight and durable, reliable power wheelchairs are more expensive than lighter weight wheelchairs. Mostly the wheelchairs have a warranty. Choose a wheelchair with three years warranty.
Don’t forget to buy your power wheelchair from a trustworthy seller that has licensed products. The seller should facilitate you with battery replacement or maintenance specialists whenever your chair creates a problem. If you are unable to afford a new chair with adjustable and fantastic features, look for a second-hand chair that works well and is used less.
Taking insurance to purchase a wheelchair is also possible. First, the doctor will provide a report that will include that the patient needs a wheelchair. Based on the report, the Government insurers and private insurers cover the 50 to 80 % of the price. The fees vary depending upon the physician. So that’s how much does an electric wheelchair cost and how you can get it.